|Developer(s)||Ascensio System SIA|
10.0.1 / 28 May 2019
|Available in||25 languages|
|Type||Office Suite, Project management, Collaboration, CRM, Document Management|
OnlyOffice (formerly TeamLab), stylized as ONLYOFFICE, is an open source office suite developed by Ascensio System SIA, a company with headquarters in Riga, Latvia. Solution features online document editors, platform for document management, corporate communication, mail and project management tools.
OnlyOffice interface is available in 25 languages: Azeri (Latin), Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese - Brazilian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
Documents module is a document management and sharing system for OnlyOffice files. The integrated audio and video player allows playing media from files stored in OnlyOffice (it supports .AAC, .FLAC, .M4A, .MP3, .OGA, .OGG, .WAV, .F4V, .M4V, .MOV, .MP4, .OGV, .WEBM formats).
Projects module is developed for managing project stages: planning, team management and task delegation, monitoring and reporting. Module also includes Gantt Chart for illustrating the projects stages and dependencies between tasks. The module is complimented by Projects app for iOS.
CRM module allows maintaining client database, transactions and potential sales, tasks, client relationship history. This module also provides online billing and sales reports. CRM can be optionally integrated with Twilio VoIP service.
Mail module combines mail server for creating own-domain mailboxes and mail aggregator for centralized management of multiple mailboxes.
Calendar module allows planning and monitoring of personal and corporate events, task deadlines in Projects and CRM, sending and receiving invitations to events. Calendar can be integrated with third-party calendars that support iCal.
Community module offers corporate social network features: polls, corporate blog and forums, news, orders and announcements, messenger.
The solution is technologically based on three components: Document Server, Community Server and Mail Server.
Mail Server represents set of components that allows creating corporate mailbox using default or custom domain names. Mail Server is based on iRedMail package which consists of Postfix, Dovecot, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, OpenDKIM, Fail2ban.
OnlyOffice includes an online editing suite. It combines text, spreadsheet and presentation editors that include features similar to Microsoft desktop editors (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Since version 5.0 of the editors the interface has been renewed with a tabbed toolbar. Editors allow co-editing, commenting and chatting in real time and provide such functions as Revision History and Mail Merge.
The beta version of OnlyOffice Online Editors predecessor, Teamlab Document Editor, was introduced at CeBIT 2012 in Hannover. The product was built using Canvas, a part of HTML5 that allows dynamic, scryptable rendering of 2D shapes and bitmap images.
The technology is known to preserve the initial formatting regardless of browser or operating system. According to company's blog, Canvas allows adding features previously available only in desktop apps to online version like support of sophisticated formatting, multi-page documents and bigger amount of fonts.
The basic type of formats used in OnlyOffice document editors is OOXML (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX). Other types of supported formats (ODT, DOC, RTF, EPUB, MHT, HTML, HTM, ODS, XLS, CSV, ODP, PPT, DOTX, XLTX, POTX, OTT, OTS, OTP, and PDF-A) are processed with inner conversion to DOCX, XLSX or PPTX.
OnlyOffice Desktop is an offline version of OnlyOffice editing suite. Desktop application supports collaborative editing features when connected to the portal, Nextcloud or ownCloud. Application is offered free of charge for both personal and commercial usage.
Desktop editors are a cross-platform solution available for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP (x32 and x64), Debian, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions based on RPM, Mac OS 10.10 and newer. Besides platform-specific versions there is also a portable option. OnlyOffice Desktop Editors are available for installation as a snap package and AppImage.
Editors are compatible with MS Office (OOXML) and OpenDocument (ODF) formats and support DOC, DOCX, ODT, RTF, TXT, PDF, HTML, EPUB, XPS, DjVu, XLS, XLSX, ODS, CSV, PPT, PPTX, ODP, DOTX, XLTX, POTX, OTT, OTS, OTP, and PDF-A.
Similarly to the online editing suite, the basic toolset of OnlyOffice Desktop can be upgraded using side plugins.
Desktop editors are distributed under AGPL v3 license for personal and commercial usage.
In early 2019, OnlyOffice announced the launch of a developer preview of end-to-end encryption of documents (files themselves, online editing and collaboration) that involves blockchain technology and is included in the functionality of the desktop suite.
Nextcloud and ownCloud integration
In February 2017, OnlyOffice released the integration app for Nextcloud and ownCloud. It is possible to create and edit text documents, spreadsheets and presentations in OnlyOffice Editors within the interface of the platform. The desktop suite can also be connected to said platforms when OnlyOffice is integrated. Through integration with one of these services ONLYOFFICE editors can be installed as a component for Univention Corporate Server.
The application runs under AGPL v3 open source license like other server and client solutions of OnlyOffice and is available on GitHub.
- In 2009, a group software developers, headed by Lev Bannov, launched a project called TeamLab, a platform for internal team collaboration that encompassed several social computing features (e.g. blog, forum, wiki, bookmarks).
- In March 2012, TeamLab introduced the first HTML5-based document editors at CeBit.
- In July 2014, Teamlab Office was officially rebranded to OnlyOffice and the source code of the product was published on Sourceforge and Github on terms of AGPLv3.
- In March 2016, the developers of OnlyOffice released a desktop application - OnlyOffice Desktop Editors, which is positioned as an open source alternative to Microsoft Office.
- In February 2017, the app for integration with ownCloud/Nextcloud was launched.
- In February 2018, OnlyOffice Desktop Editors became available as a snap package.
- In January 2019, OnlyOffice announced the release of end-to-end encryption functionality.
The product has been reviewed by TechRadar, CMSWiRE, LiveEnterprise, Techi.com, Business Insider, TechRepublic, Unixmen, NoobsLAB, PCMag, Linux.com, Softpedia, and FOSS Force
- Collaboration platform
- Collaboration software
- List of collaborative software
- Project management software
- List of project management software
- "v10.0.1". Retrieved 12 July 2019 – via GitHub.
- Nextcloud. "ONLYOFFICE & Nextcloud partner up!". Nextcloud. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "ownCloud Delivers Easy-to-Use Collaboration Solution Through Partnership with ONLYOFFICE". ownCloud. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Ksenija. "ONLYOFFICE announces partnership and integration with Seafile | ONLYOFFICE Blog". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Michael. "ONLYOFFICE enters partnership with Pydio | ONLYOFFICE Blog". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Mazour, Veronika (11 July 2019). "eXo Platform partners with ONLYOFFICE to offer an alternative office". eXo Platform Blog. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Tati. "XWiki adds ONLYOFFICE Online Editors to its ecosystem | ONLYOFFICE Blog". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Ascensio System OnlyOffice". PCMag.
- "Languages available at your portal - ONLYOFFICE". helpcenter.onlyoffice.com. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Ksenija. "ONLYOFFICE 10.0 is available for server solutions | ONLYOFFICE Blog". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Santos, Jose Maria Delos (30 November 2015). "ONLYOFFICE Launches New iOS App and Enterprise Edition". Project-Management.com. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "ONLYOFFICE with brand new interface | ONLYOFFICE Blog". www.onlyoffice.com. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- O'Hear, Steve. "TeamLab, A Canvas-Based Document Editor, Wants To Send Microsoft Office 365 Back To The Drawing Board | TechCrunch". Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "How to edit your documents collaboratively on Linux - Xmodulo". Xmodulo. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "W3C CEO calls HTML5 as transformative as early Web". IT World Canada. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "TeamLab Introduces the First HTML-5 Document Editor at CeBIT 2012 | OnlyOffice Blog". www.onlyoffice.com. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "OnlyOffice 9.0.0 Enables Users to Digitally Sign Documents with DocuSign | LinuxBabe". www.linuxbabe.com. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "OnlyOffice: An Open Source Microsoft Office Contender Worth Your Time". MakeUseOf. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "How to use plugins (add-ons) in ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors". www.howtoforge.com. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors for Christmas | ONLYOFFICE Blog". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Brett, Charles (29 April 2019). "ONLYOFFICE - document collaboration via blockchain and encryption -". Enterprise Times. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "How to Integrate OnlyOffice with ownCloud - LinuxBabe.Com". LinuxBabe.Com. 14 February 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "How to integrate ONLYOFFICE with Nextcloud". www.howtoforge.com. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Univention Corporate Server / Blog: ONLYOFFICE joins the Univention family". sourceforge.net. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "How to Connect ONLYOFFICE to SharePoint Server". ITzGeek -. 12 October 2017. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- onlyoffice-confluence: The plugin which enables the users to edit office documents from Confluence using ONLYOFFICE Document Server, allows multiple users to collaborate in real time and to save b.., ONLYOFFICE, 14 June 2017, retrieved 21 June 2017
- cetra3 (1 December 2016), onlyoffice-alfresco: Alfresco Onlyoffice Integration, retrieved 21 June 2017
- onlyoffice-owncloud: The app which enables the users to edit office documents from ownCloud/Nextcloud using ONLYOFFICE Document Server, allows multiple users to collaborate in real time and to sav.., ONLYOFFICE, 21 June 2017, retrieved 21 June 2017
- Aasmae, Kalev. "Microsoft Office, Google Docs beware: This open-source startup is after your users | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "ONLYOFFICE – Continuous Growth, Successive New Features". Project-Management.com. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "OnlyOffice Desktop Editors Available to Install in Ubuntu as Snap | UbuntuHandbook". ubuntuhandbook.org. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "20 best web apps you've never heard of". Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- "Open Source Enterprise Collaboration Tool TeamLab Offers New Modules". Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- "TeamLab — free and open-source Basecamp alternative". Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "Teamlab: Free Social Networking for Your Business". Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "Office 365 Outage Shouldn't Affect You: 2 Productivity Suite Alternatives". Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- "DIY: Employ TeamLab as your company's collaboration tool". Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- "How To Install ONLYOFFICE – An Online Collaboration Suite For SME". Unixmen.
- "OnlyOffice: Another Free Office Suite for Linux (Complete Selfhost Office Solution - OwnCloud Compatible)". NoobsLAB.
- "Get Desktop Access to Your OnlyOffice Account from Linux". Linux.com | The source for Linux information. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "ONLYOFFICE Mac Word Processing". Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "OnlyOffice: A FOSS Office Suite for the Cloud | FOSS Force". 13 July 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "TeamLab, A Canvas-Based Document Editor, Wants To Send Microsoft Office 365 Back To The Drawing Board". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Teamlab launches free alternative to Google Docs and MS Office". Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "An Online Office Suite That's A Real Alternative To Microsoft Or Google". Retrieved 21 January 2014.